Meez.com is a rapidly-growing online entertainment company, located in the South of Market area of San Francisco.
We're on the forefront of the social web, and looking for savvy moderators to join the friendly, experienced team which enforces our Terms of Service.
This means processing reports of ToS violations, as well as moderating our forums and virtual world.
This is a 20 hour per week position, with hours split into scheduled shifts.
It is a contractor position, reporting to our community manager, and paying $12 per hour.
Work will be done from home, except that successful applicants from the SF Bay Area will be expected to attend weekly meetings in person.
The ideal candidate has extensive experience with:
* online forums
* virtual worlds
* the moderation of online communities
* working with teens
* youth culture and "youthspeak"
(1) Process reports of ToS violations.
(2) Moderate community spaces (virtual world, forums, etc).
(3) Assist users with their questions and issues.
(4) Preparing and submitting notes for weekly meeting. (held online)
(5) Other duties as assigned.
(1) Prior experience as a moderator of an online community, OR strong experience working with teens.
(2) Very strong web communication skills.
(3) A strong familiarity with online communities and online social etiquette.
(4) Being extremely organized, and having strong attention to detail.
(5) Being naturally enthusiastic.
All applications must include a covering letter.
Covering letters must clearly describe how you meet application requirement #1.http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/mar/1625685750.html